So far on my journey I have found that what works for me does not work for everyone, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t try something new!
Here is a list of what I use on my hair:
· These are the cones I have recently used, but I have found that the tresemme moisture rich products really make my hair softer and more manageable especially when I use it with the products listed below. I do warn that these products have sulfates in them, but I usually wash once and then condition for about 5-10 minutes and then rinse.
· This is a good oil to use on your scalp and on your ends to help seal in moisture. There is also Coconut oil, but using either one is a personal preference.
· You may have heard that people are using Argan Oil to help combat frizz and I have found that this is true. At least for me. After my hair is clean and conditioned I used a small amount and rub it through my hair. As it dries I find that my hair is much less frizzy and has more definition to the curl.
· I love this stuff! Using a small amount helps with frizz as well and helping define the curl. If I use more my hair becomes very defined as it dries and the custard acts as a gel. My hair becomes a bit crunchy, but without the flakiness of other gels. I do this sometimes to help make the curls last longer during the week.
These are the current staple in my hair regimen, but I plan on trying out other products to see how they work for my hair type.
Here is a list of products that people have suggested for me to try:
Carols Daughter Products
Hair One (Like Wen but cheaper) My cousin uses this and she has fine think hair.
Giovanni products
There are a plethora of brand names to choose from, but these are some that I have seen many people suggest. Something to keep in mind when looking for products for your hair you want things that add moisture, Have No sulfate, and Have No Parabens. Sulfates are like a detergent and strip hair of natural oils so we don’t want to do that, and Parabens are used as a preserving agent to fight bacteria and fungus. Sounds goods right? Wrong! It’s not naturally occurring and studies have shown that they are unhealthy and may be linked to cancer. These are my suggestions, but Google it yourself and make your own decisions. You may find that Sulfates and Parabens are not so bad after all (I doubt it, but don’t take my word for it.)
Half the fun of being natural is trying different products to see which works best for you. You may also find that there is a retailer in your area that sells natural or organic hair supplies. If not, a helpful site I found is iherb.com. It has a variety of brand names and products for those searching for Organic Hair supplies.
It’s not much, but I hope it helps. Feel free to leave a comment about items you use or websites you find helpful. Youtube.com is a Great tool when trying to find styles, products, and stories.
Until Next time my naturalistas!
Monica
No comments:
Post a Comment